Sunday, October 3, 2010

Bienvenue à la maison Shawn! All Is Forgiven.

Shawn is home from Europe! In light of today's heightened security threat level seems like timing couldn't be better. He told me that he had a great time and while he thoroughly enjoyed the trip he is happy to be back home. He loved the "Shawn's Away Sale" because he is inspired from his travels and ready to go to the International Home Furnishings Market in a couple of weeks and find more new and wonderful things for Gatewood Hall Gracious Home!

Of course I have enjoyed playing the martyr but truth be known I was all for Shawn taking this trip, it just wasn't a good time for me to go. But let me add this...when he returned with several of my favorite French shelter magazines, gorgeous, fresh macaroons from Ladurée- Paris (that he had picked up on his way to the airport) along with my favorite tea and a tin of shortbread from Harrods in London all was definitely forgiven.



If you have never had a French macaroon you are missing out. Not to be confused by our American coconut version the French version is actually small, round cakes, crisp on the outside, smooth and soft in the middle, and they are made every morning in Ladurée’s "laboratory". With each new season, Ladurée pays tribute to this its most famous creation by creating a new flavor. We are talking flavors like Chocolate, Vanilla, Coffee, Rose, Pistachio (one of my favorites), Raspberry (Shawn's favorite), Blackcurrant Violet, Caramel with salted butter, Red Fruits, Orange Blossom, Liquorice, Lemon and Ginger. They are sooooo delicious and I think Ladurée’s are the best. www.laduree.fr/

Today I enjoyed the beautiful Autumn weather, had tea and cookies while I read (well looked at the pictures) in my new French Magazines (HEAVEN!!). Thank you Shawn and bienvenue à la maison (Welcome Home!). I will share some inspiration from these mags in a future posting. Have a great week!

No comments: