Saturday, January 23, 2010

What's Happening With The New Space?

So many folks have been requesting an update on our new space...So let's start here...Have you ever had those times when you wake up so excited that you can't sleep, like it is Christmas morning or your Birthday (when your were a kid)? and then you jump up to get going and it seems like, things don't turn out exactly as you planned and in disappointment you ask yourself..."What was I thinking?" And then just when you are ready to throw your hands in the air and give up, something wonderful happens and you are back to being thrilled and excited again? Well...welcome to our world. As with any renovation or build-out it has been a series of ups and downs. Fortunately there have been no biggies, it's more of a situation of a lack of patience for both of us. Most of the time (at least 99%) we are that excited kid, we are ready to get in and start decorating and putting our new merchandise out so we can have you over. Then there is the other 1% when we are tired, overwhelmed and ready to kill each other, when it feels like one of those days when nothing happens and we ask ourselves "what were we thinking?".

Truthfully one of our biggest drives comes from you! We can't thank you enough for your enthusiasm. A day hasn't passed when one of you hasn't said something like "oh I am so excited to see what you do with that space" or "I think your new location is going to be great, it will be so convenient" or our favorite "When are you going to open in that new space?...I can't wait!".

I am happy to report that we are making progress! We feel that as of today we are on schedule (uh oh...I said it out loud so knock wood, say prayers, etc.) Most importantly we can't wait to be finished so we can have you over! As always thank you, thank you, thank you for your support. We have included some "before" interior shots for those of you who have never been in the old post office.

In the meantime we are making way for our new stuff. We are continuing our sale, we've been calling the sales by many different names but we really should just tell the truth it's the "We don't want to move it sale". This weekend we have savings from 15% to 50% so come in and grab some really good deals!

Blog Reader Special: Print this post and bring it in today (01/23/2010) and take 20% off any regular priced, in-stock item of your choice!!

1 comment:

Peggy Wilkerson said...

I love your store. Are you hiring any help for your new location?

Peggy Wilkerson 706-636-3523 Thank You. Your store is where I go each time I go from Ellijay to Blue Ridge. It makes my heart smile. Thank you for that.