The Apricot Fig Chutney is probably one of the most popular products from the girl & the fig. Plump apricots and calimyrna figs are a fantastic combination for flavor and texture. With a hint of ginger, spices and dried cherries, this chutney is a very versatile condiment that will add another flavor dimension to your favorite dish.
The most popular box lunch sandwich from the girl & the fig is the house-roasted turkey, apricot fig chutney, fiscalini cheddar cheese on a baguette. (YUMMY!!). A great and easy appetizer is to take the small phyllo shells and put a small piece of brie or goat cheese, spoon in a little chutney and warm in the oven, delicious and easy gotta love that! You can also...
- Add to a cheese and charcuterie platter.
- Marinate chicken or pork chops with apricot fig chutney and grill.
- Serve as a condiment for pork loin, roast chicken, turkey breast
- Serve on a Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Mix with Cream Cheese or Mascarpone and make Stuffed French Toast.
The red onion confit is a blend of red onions, red wine vinegar, red wine, sugar, thyme, salt, pepper. Serve with charcuterie dishes, grilled sausages, barbecued chicken and meats. Add to a turkey or cheese sandwich. It almost has a sweet and sour flavor and adds a nice addition of flavor to the most basic recipes.
- Serve with charcuterie dishes, grilled sausages, BBQ chicken and meats.
- Add to a turkey or cheese sandwich.
- Use as a condiment for cheese platters.
- Warm gently and use as sauce for pork, chicken, turkey, or beef.
- Use as a sandwich condiment or on a burger. YUM!
- While braising, add a couple tablespoons to the pot.
- Add a few tablespoons to sautéed vegetables. (I do this and it really dresses up something simple!)
Fennel citrus herb blend - A blend fennel seed, lemon and orange peel, sea salt, lavender, mustard seed and other spices. Sprinkle on fish, chicken or pork before pan searing or grilling. Add water to brine pork or chicken.
Citrus sea salt- Oven dried lemon and orange peel mixed with grey sea salt. Sprinkle on fish, chicken or pork before pan searing or grilling. Toss with pasta or risotto. Serve as a condiment on the table.
Stop in this weekend we will be having tastings of some of the girl and fig products...we will get you hooked!! See you soon!